THE INTERNSHIP IN SPIRITUAL COMPANIONSHIP
Upon completing the Seminar in Ignatian Spirituality, individuals may elect to participate in the Internship in Spiritual Companionship.
The Internship focuses on developing the skills used in spiritual conversations that take place in hospices, jails, nursing homes, hospitals, workplaces or individual settings.
The curriculum includes developing listening and spiritual conversation skills, the dynamics of the Spiritual Journey, forms of prayer and ethical practices. Workshops address the topics of grief, mid-life and aging, mental health and the Twelve Step process. Presenters are members of the Manresa staff and professionals in their respective disciplines.
Interns also engage in one-on-one spiritual conversations or small group leadership roles under the guidance of supervisors.
Internship requirements include:
- – Complete the application process
- – Participate in monthly workshops
- – Complete assigned readings and reflection papers
- – Spend at least 60 hours in spiritual conversations
- – Complete 12 sessions of supervision
- – Lead one group prayer/retreat experience e.g., lectio divina, small group reflections
- – Have a spiritual director, meeting monthly or so
- – Make a 5 day individually directed silent retreat and a retreat of choice during the Internship
The Internship is generally a two-year process and the cost is $2,000, not including books or retreats.
For more information:
Write: Manresa Jesuit Retreat House
1390 Quarton Road,
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304